Thursday, December 6, 2012

Frugal Holidays. . . .

This year, FRUGAL is the theme for the holidays.  Money is tight in my household.  Hubby is off work from an injury and I'm trying to figure out how to pay for the rest of the Ph.D, so I figure we need to improvise this year.  So--I've been PINTERSTING (can that be a verb now?)  like crazy to find ways to make holiday gifts for my family and friends.  The trick, however, is that I am trying to make things with spending VERY little money.  One of my favorite blogs right now is Homemade Mamas.  They have this very cool thing going on where they are demonstrating how to make 12 different gifts for the holidays.  I might just try some of them out. :-) I found some (40!) other neat homemade gift ideas here.  My personal favorites being the cookie cutter candles, unfortunately, I don't think they satisfy my "very little money" qualifier.  Pinterest has many pins dedicated to handmade gifts, but I like how this one is organized the best. I also found the 137 Inexpensive, handmade post at Craftynest really interesting too.  So--with all these choices, what should I make?!



No comments:

Post a Comment